We all know that it’s important to keep your home clean for a healthy and welcoming environment, but don’t forget it’s just as important to apply this logic to your commercial spaces as well. Although you can hire commercial cleaning services, there are a few things you can do yourself to maintain a safe and healthy work environment. Not only will your clean commercial space reflect your values, but it will keep germs away and bring in more customers and clients! Below are some tips to help you keep your commercial spaces clean.
Hotel Rooms and Airbnb’s
In the hospitality business, it’s important to have good housekeeping and cleanliness to keep a good reputation. Make sure you’re getting every nook and cranny by using these cleaning tips below.
- Sweep, vacuum, and mop the floors of all rooms to remove dust and debris.
- Strip the beds and inspect for signs of damage before replacing beds with fresh sheets.
- Ventilate the rooms by opening the windows and using air purifiers to help the room ‘breathe.’
- Spray and wipe down the bathrooms and touchpoints throughout your cleaning process.
Provide your employees with a clean space and encourage them to contribute to weekly cleaning tasks throughout the office. A clean office space promotes productivity and employee engagement. Creating an office culture that promotes organization and cleanliness will set you and your employees up for success. Set aside time each week or month to complete a few of these office cleaning tips!
- Vacuum the floor and carpet around desks and cubicles.
- Organize loose papers spread out over desks and tables.
- Empty trash cans and replace garbage bags.
- Clean smudges and fingerprints from windows and doors.
Restaurants and Cafes
No one wants to go to an unclean restaurant or café, and you don’t want your establishment to have a bad reputation due to food poisoning or food-borne illnesses. Keep sanitation and cleanliness your number one priority by setting standard safety guidelines. By doing so, you’ll keep your customers happy and healthy and pass health inspections. Follow these tips to ensure you keep your restaurant or café safe and clean.
- Set daily cleaning tasks like sanitizing all surfaces, tools, and utensils.
- Take out the trash and recycling multiple times a day.
- Create weekly cleaning tasks to clean and sanitize fridges and freezers.
- Sanitize all touchpoints frequently to ensure a clean environment.
Medical centers are held to a high standard when it comes to cleanliness. Remember, these are the places that improve people’s health and wellbeing. It is extremely important to maintain a clean environment inside your facilities to stop the spread of diseases and infections. Keep in mind these best practices when cleaning your facility.
- Your cleaning staff should wear gloves and protective gear like caps and masks to avoid touching bodily fluids.
- Empty trash bags and cans frequently to keep rooms sanitary.
- Sterilize any reusable medical instruments and replace gowns and linens of patients.
- Clean patient care equipment and medical tools regularly throughout the day.
Whether you’re cleaning your Airbnb or ensuring your medical center is abiding by best cleaning practices, maintain a safe and healthy work environment for your employees and customers. For help regularly cleaning your commercial space, call the R&S experts today!